The art of Bold Asking™ program is delivered in two interactive workshops. The number of workshops may be tailored to meet the client's needs.
Typical, the first workshop is designed for board members, the CEO, campaign committees, and other volunteers involved in fundraising. The second seminar focuses on development staff, communicating what we’ve learned and helping you incorporate it into your organization’s future efforts.
At the heart of both workshops are videotaped interviews our consultants have conducted with philanthropists and highly successful volunteer fundraisers. They discuss candidly how they approach fundraising, how they have gotten past their own fears, the specific language they use, and easy, practical tips for all stages leading up to and making “the ask.”
Practical case studies shared by our consultants help participants see the relevance to real-life situations. Role-playing, carefully planned in advance to encourage participation, promotes comfort and confidence in applying what’s learned.
- Where are the biggest, most transformational gifts coming from?
- What are our fears in fundraising? How can we move past them?
- The psychology of giving: Understanding the donor’s motivations
- The steps of giving, and your role in moving the gift forward
- Building powerful partnerships among volunteers, senior leaders and staff
- The most effective practices of high-performing development programs
- The physician’s role in the development process
- Getting past “No”
- Getting to yes: Opening and closing the conversation
- “The Botched Call” and how to avoid it
- The role of celebration and recognition
- Engaging senior volunteers and leaders in the development process
- The role of teams in your organization: when and how they work best
- Strengthening your unique culture of philanthropy
- Tailored role-playing in a safe environment